Thursday, October 2, 2008

12th Gotcha Day

There is a smile on this face and mine. Today, we celebrate "Gotcha Day". Today is very special for Kendall and I. This is the day, 12 years ago, in a country on the other side of the world, a 6 month old baby girl, was placed in my arms. I know that I was led by a loving Heavenly Father, to be this beautiful Young Women's Mother. I knew it 12 years ago and I know it tonight. This is the day that I got her and she got me! What a huge blessing!

Some would ask, how do you celebrate "Gotcha Day"? Kendall has always had an appreciation for flowers. It started as a toddler and it continues today. Flowers make Kendall smile! I get Kendall a flower for every year we have been a family +1. Dinner of course, would be chinese food. It is always Pei Wei's, some times its a night at the restaurant or like tonight take out. Every year the flowers arrive differently. This year I placed one gerber daisy with a note on the front seat of the car, so that when she got in the car after volleyball practice, it would be the first thing she saw.

When I would walk around in China, the women would come up and touch Kendall. They would tell me LUCKY BABY ...... my response was LUCKY MOMMA! We are both lucky!


6 comments:

shahna said...

I have GOT to get into the digital scrapbooking thing! Such a great post! I love the tradition that you have. She is such a beautiful girl and has been such a blessing to so many.

dandee said...

What a special tradition! You are a sweet family.

polka dots said...

love all your scrapbook pages. So happy you "got" kendall. Love her so much.

p.s. See you soon!

Amy Jo said...

I know this is a few days late but Kendall we are so glad you are in our family. I don't know what my kids would do without you. They keep asking when you are coming to visit. I hope you also know what a special Mother you have. She prayed for you for a long time and she is such a great blessing to yours and my lifes. I know you were supposed to be her's you just took "the scenic route" to get here. We love you both and "Happy Gotcha Day!"

Stephanie said...

That is so fun!! I am always a little confused as to what to do with my kids and their gotcha days. We got them only 2 days from their birth dates and then we also have their dates we were sealed. I want to celebrate each of those occasions but I guess just not completely sure what/how to do that. LOVE your tradition and would LOVE your advice for me if ya have some for me.

Kendall is so lucky to have you as her mom!!

Amanda said...

What a neat day to celebrate! I LOve your name for it:) This post brought tears to my eyes.