Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Our Daycation





Our daycation or vacation for a day, started out with a little set back, a flat tire. I was a stop light when a nice man pulled up beside me and motioned that my back tire was really flat. I was in a turning lane so I saw an air pump at a liquor store/gas station and tried to put air in. That tire was not going to budge. I got in the car and thought great what am I going to do....I hate car trouble. I had Kendall pull out my Discount Tire information from the glove box and guess what, I was 1 block from a Discount Tire. So 60 minutes later and 270.00 hundred dollars we are off again on our adventure, full of gratitude for Lord's watchful eye over us and 4 brand new tires.
We arrived a little later than we had hoped but we didn't miss all the fun. On Friday Night, we went to the Bonham Rodeo. I really enjoyed it, I love cowboys and loud country music. I thought several times, my sister, Tanya would love this. We came back, roasted marshmellows and shot off fireworks. On Saturday morning, we went to their Pioneer Day Ward Breakfast. The kids loved just being together and riding the 4 wheelers around the property. Before we left, the kids did archery. It was fun and I still can hit the bulls eye.

It's great to just get out of town and relax. Thanks to the Abbott's we had a great time.

6 comments:

shahna said...

I love all this digi-scrapbooking that you are doing. I gotta jump on that bandwagon.

Tiffani and Christopher Guymon said...

I LOVE your scrapbook pages! What program are you using? I love the website www.scrapgirls.com . That is where I purchase all of my digital supplies. I have a link on my blog.

What a fun 'daycation'(aside from the car trouble). It is so nice to be able to get out and do that every once in a while :)

Brit said...

I LOVE your digital scrapbooking stuff!!! I was just thinking the other day that I need to start doing that, but I realized I would just get started and then the baby would come. I think I'm just going to throw together another blog book this year and call it good.
P.S. Thank you so much for coming on Sunday to my class! I'm so sorry I didn't even get to see you, I got swept into Primary to play piano before I could even bat an eye! Hopefully I didn't bore you too much! haha

~Hartwig Family~ said...

I love the scrapbooking! I sent you an invite to my blog so we can keep in touch. I was just laughing the other day about girl's camp and the bra on the flag pole! Your daughter is beautiful. Take care and keep in touch!
Tessa Brewer Hartwig

polka dots said...

I know how much you hate car trouble! I see you have the digital scrapbooking bug. Cute.

Jerry & Tanya said...

Cute scrapbook pages! Can you do a book with those pages in it at the end of the year, like Brittany? Glad you had a nice time at the Abbotts'. Maybe you can get me invited next time. Sorry about the flat tire.