The last couple of weeks have been really busy. Our YM/YW Joint Activity this month was a Teacher Appreciation Dinner. Our youth invited their school teachers to a night of thanks and a Texas Size Bar-b-que. We had 22 teachers and about 8 spouses. The dinner was very good and program was great. It was not just a good activity, or a better activity, it was a Best Activity, a missionary activity. Our guests were exposed to The Strength of Youth booklet and Pres. Hinckley's B's. Bishop Cannon quoted Pres. Hinckley's Be Grateful..... for your teachers. The Mia Maids (my group) were in charge of the take home favor, the salad, pictures of all the youth and teachers, and thank you cards including their pictures. The Beehives and Laurels decorations were awesome. Just take a look!
Kendall asked her World Geography teacher, Mrs. Rapjohn. Kendall was so excited to have her there. Her Choir teacher, Reading teacher and English teachers were also there. (Mrs. Taylor, Mrs. Pratt and Mrs. Moss)
I'm taking the night off tonight, I'll start working on the picture/thank you notes tommorrow.
It is always nice to sit down and relax after big activities like this.
Don't forget to Thank Your Childs Teacher!
3 comments:
What a cool activity! I have never even heard of that being done before...what a wonderful missionary oppertunity! Thanks again for coming to the twins bday party...sorry they were so sick so I didn't get to really visit much with you. check out my blog:
www.angjocjes.blogspot.com
love you suz
wow, i've never heard of that being done either. What a great idea! The decorations look great!
What a great idea. I'll have to use it!
Post a Comment