Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thanks B.rad and Ash

Before you read this story, Dad's back surgery went very well and he is being a great patient.

Yesterday, while at the hospital, Kendall called and had a project that was due today that she needed a computer to do her research and type her oral presentation. I had my laptop with me at the hospital. So we talked and decided that if I was home by 8:00 that she could work the next 3 hours on it. It was getting close to 6:30 and Dad was still in recovery and we had not seen him so it was getting hard to think about leaving. I really wanted to stay at the hospital. Out of the BLUE my phone rings and B.rad calls and says what is Kendall doing. He said, we are going to get a ice cream we will go pick her up. I was like that would be great......could you take her back with you to T's house and let her use the computer to start her working on her report. B.rad was like sure, no problem, we would love to help her. Kendall not only used the computer, Brad and Ashley helped her with her presentation. I picked her up at 11:00pm and everyone was happy and grateful that B.rad and Ash helped her do her report instead of Mom.

There were a couple of side notes that make the story more comical (1. said teenager falls asleep for 2 hours with her cell phone on vibrate so that said Mother who pays the cell phone bill can't get a hold of her to let her know that B.rad and his lovely assistant Ashley (who is a very fast typist) are coming to pick her up and can help her with her homework. 2. said teenager fails to put completed assignment in her backpack and rolls her eyes at said Mother when asked if she was sure she had everything. Said teenager doesn't realize till 8:00am the next morning that she can't find her report, our hero B.rad calls at the same time and says Suz she left her report here.

The moral of the story is the occupants of 5208 Clear Creek are carrying on the family tradition, of listening to the spirit and helping Suzie, and that Mom did get the report to the school with 3 minutes to spare. (When I got to 5208 Clear Creek, last night , I looked at B.rad and said did Tanya call you? She always knows when I was in a bind.) Sis. T and Elder J you have trained him well. We sure love and are grateful for all our family.

6 comments:

Jason and Brittani Hill said...

I love the way you told this story, I was smiling the whole time. I'm glad you live close to family who takes care of you! :)

Amanda said...

Isn't family the BEST! I am glad to hear Pa Pa Great is doing well:)

polka dots said...

i want to go for ice cream with b.rad and ash. Lucky!

Jerry & Tanya said...

Sounds like things are well. How grateful we are for all our family! Let us know how the presentation went. Love Ya!

Ashley said...

oh it was all b.rad!!! He is pretty awesome. We love you guys so much and i'm so thankful brad is so in tuned to the spirit. It was really no problem at all!

Brittany said...

I read this with Ash this weekend and just starting crying! I am so glad that Brad and Ash were able to help out.